- 14-Feb-2017 to 15-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Boise, ID, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Per diem
McMillen Jacobs Associates is seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to join our construction team. Must be willing to travel to project locations that may be outside of Boise.
Our Heavy Equipment Operators will perform a wide variety of tasks assisting various skilled crafts working on the project with an emphasis in multiple areas. This position requires someone with a track record of performing highly skilled work in the operation and general maintenance of a wide variety of heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance work.
Work involves responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of primarily the heaviest and largest types of construction equipment used in a full range of construction and maintenance work. Applicants must have strong understanding of construction and will have mastered a broad spectrum of activities and responsibilities that take place in the field. Must have attained basic leadership skills and possess a strong understanding of equipment safety standards.
- Strong technical ability to operate one or multiple pieces of equipment including large excavators (40,000lbs +), amphibious excavators, and/or motor graders.
- Must have mastered operating equipment associated with an Operator I and II description.
- Capable of operating small excavators (less than 20,000lbs), off road haul trucks, forklifts up to 12K including off road telescoping, roller compactors, jobsite water trucks.
- Strong technical ability to operate one or multiple pieces of equipment including medium excavators (20,000 40,000lbs), long reach excavators, dozers (up to D8 size or equivalent), and scrapers (self-loading and non). Level of hours needed.
- Daily equipment inspection to insure that equipment functions properly.
- Report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors.
- Daily equipment maintenance. Fuel, grease, clean, and make basic repairs to equipment.
- Equipment operators are to ensure that safety procedures are completely followed.
- Must follow all McMillen Jacobs Associates safety program policies and procedures as well as OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and any additional governing agencies.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Must report hazards to relevant authorities.
- Inspect working environment prior to work beginning to ensure that it is safe.
- Perform physical activities like kneeling, crawling, and lifting amongst others.
- Coordinate machine actions with crew members in response to hand or audio signals.
- Establish good working relationship on site.
- Adhere to company work policies and conditions.
- Ensuring the movement and functioning of heavy equipment to carry out specific tasks.
- Can demonstrate a minimum of 6+ years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Required Education: Minimum of high school degree or GED.
- Ability to lead the excavation crew in routine operations when excavation foremen is not present.
- Extensive knowledge of reading and understanding plans.
- Excavate, prep, and establish sub-grade for pipe line installation, structures, etc.
- Have proficient knowledge of equipment mechanism and working methods.
- Have proficient knowledge of safety rules in operating equipment.
- Identify faults in equipment and carry out minimal repairs on machine when necessary.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little to no oversight
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, heavy civil underground, and mining markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
Currently serving clients from 21 offices with over 350 staff members internationally, our superior technical skills includes environmental studies and permits; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering; hydraulics and hydrology; CFD modeling; and tunnel and underground project engineering. We also have leading professionals in fisheries, hydropower; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) licensing and regulatory assistance; dam safety; spillway, intake, and water conveyance design and rehabilitation; as well as claims and dispute resolution.