- 10-Apr-2017 to 09-Jul-2017 (MST)
- AUK, NZL
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' Auckland office is looking for a Senior Staff to Project Engineer to join our team to help service projects in the Australia and New Zealand region. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated engineer looking for career growth within the tunnelling industry. If you are self-motivated and would like to be part of a strong growing team within the niche market of tunnelling, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Design of tunnels and shafts, including temporary and permanent support systems.
- Work on a variety of office and field assignments, with a focus on geotechnical and structural engineering analyses, development of drawings, specifications, calculations, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- Assist in coordinating sub consultants and design staff on large-scale underground infrastructure projects.
- BE or BS in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering (or overseas equivalent).
- 4-7 years design experience in concrete and steel preferable in a heavy civil infrastructure environment.
- Significant experience in using software for structural analysis (e.g., Strand7) or ground-structure interaction modelling (e.g., Plaxis and FLAC).
- Strong communication and technical writing skills (fluent in English for both spoken and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential.
- Professional Engineering registration or eligible for application, (e.g., CPEng, PE, CEng)
- Willingness to travel to support projects across the Australia/New Zealand region
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.