- 01-Feb-2017 to 02-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Auckland, AUK, NZL
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' Auckland office is looking for an Associate level engineer to join our team to help service projects in the Australia and New Zealand region. The successful candidate will play a major role in securing future projects, interfacing with clients and applying both technical expertise and business acumen. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic office experiencing rapid growth in a healthy market focused on infrastructure development, specifically in the underground sector for the foreseeable future.
- Provides technical leadership to regional staff in underground and tunnel engineering
- Meets with key clients and potential clients to discuss current and future work
- Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of engineers and technicians on underground projects to ensure that technical goals and/or objectives are accomplished; budgets and schedules are met; all in a multidiscipline environment
- Participates in business development activities, interviews and presentations as applicable
- BE or BS in Geological, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering. ME or MS degree a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in technical and project management roles on underground and tunnel projects for the heavy civil engineering industry
- Strong communication (both oral and written), analytical and leadership skills
- Project management, staff management and client interaction experience commensurate with level of experience
- Professional registration, (e.g., CPEng, PE, CEng, PGeo)
- Willingness to travel to support projects across the Australia/New Zealand region
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.