- 05-Jan-2017 to 06-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Sydney, NSW, AUS
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' is looking for a Project Engineer - Structural with 5-12 years of relevant experience in structural engineering, preferably in the underground and tunneling field.
- Bachelor of Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Experience in concrete and steel design to Australian Standards including AS3600 and AS5100.
- Ability to develop and review designs, drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda.
- Knowledge of tunnel excavation, ground support and permanent lining construction methods would be considered advantageous.
- Strong experience in using software for structural analysis (e.g., Strand7) and to a lesser extent ground structure interaction modelling (e.g., Plaxis and FLAC)
- Structural design experience for ground support, tunnel linings, retaining walls and shafts would be an advantage
- AutoCAD experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills (fluent in English for both spoken and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential.
- Willing to travel within Australia and New Zealand for short term
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions withou regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.