- 05-Jan-2017 to 06-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Sydney, NSW, AUS
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' is looking for a Senior Staff Engineer Tunnels or Geotechnical with 4+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering, preferably in the underground and tunneling field. Candidates would preferably have a background in the design of heavy civil structures for underground projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- 4+ years tunnel or geotechnical or structural engineering design experience
- Ability to develop and review designs, drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda.
- Strong experience using structural and/or geotechnical software programs (ie. FLAC, Phase2, Plaxis, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills (fluent in English, both spoken and written).
- Able to work within a project design team and manage design package development.
- Willing to travel within Australia and New Zealand for short term assignments.
- Work visa/authorization in Australia.
- Knowledge of tunnel and shaft excavation, ground support, and permanent lining construction methods would be advantageous.
- Preferably has, or has the ability to obtain, CPEng (MIEAust) or international equivalent.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or portected veteran status.