- 24-Oct-2016 to 23-Mar-2017 (MST)
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates is looking for a structural design engineer with 10+ years of experience in structural engineering, with experience in the design of underground structures such as tunnels and earth retaining structures as well as wastewater and water projects such as pumping stations, water retention structures or spillways. This position offers the opportunity to participate in challenging and unique underground projects in the areas of transit, highways, water resources, and major earth retaining structures.
- Attitude that is focused on responsiveness and superior client service
- The ideal candidate will have a desire to be part of a close-knit team of professionals working on high profile infrastructure projects.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
- Experience in concrete design per ACI 350 preferred
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical reports.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with client and owner staff on projects
- Ability to develop and review design drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a variety of staff.
- Project Management experience and demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Willing to travel for short term assignments.
- MS degree in Structural Engineering
- Structural design experience for ground support, tunnel linings, retaining walls and shafts
- Structural design experience for pumping stations, water retention structures, and spillways
- Construction experience
- Familiarity with numerical modeling software (SAP2000, STAAD, and RISA)