- 24-Oct-2016 to 23-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
Job Detail: McMillen Jacobs Associates has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Engineer / Geological Engineer or Engineering Geologist to assist with a variety of office and field assignments, with a focus on geologic assessment and rock mapping, geotechnical engineering analyses, and development of plans, specifications, and bid documents. Other work may include freight railroad rehabilitation projects, foundation and excavation support design, geotechnical and geologic explorations, in-situ field testing, and geotechnical instrumentation.
- MS in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology with a geotechnical focus.
- Two to five years of experience in design of temporary excavation support systems, and underground structures, design of rockslope and rockfall mitigation would be beneficial but is not required.
- Demonstrated ability/experience to complete a variety of assignments such as geologic assessment, rock mapping, rock core and soil borehole logging, geotechnical field operations and laboratory procedures, development of drawings, specifications, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with programs STAAD, WALLAP, PLAXIS and/or FLAC also RocScience (Slide, Dips, RocPlane, Swedge, RocFall) is a plus but not a requirement.
- Willingness to travel for short-term assignments.
- Experience with railway work is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience with rock climbing is a plus but not a requirement
- Driver's License is required
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.