- 24-Oct-2016 to 16-Dec-2017 (MST)
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' is seeking a Cost Estimator with strong writing, communication, organizational, and time-management. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, self-starter who can handle multiple deadlines.
- Assist in or lead cost estimating efforts on complex civil, structural and tunnel projects.
- Perform take-offs and solicit quotes.
- Perform production-based cost estimating and scheduling.
- Rely on RS Means for smaller price items or non-disciplinary data.
- Review in-progress design drawings for constructability issues.
- Review specifications for cost-related constructability issues and to evaluate blend between prescriptive language and performance standards.
- Provide QA review on work by others.
- Minimum 8-years direct field experience on one or more tunnel or heavy civil projects.
- Exposure to cost estimating and pricing work.
- Exposure to construction claims or change order pricing.
- Accredited undergraduate degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Professional registration or certification, or ability to obtain within the 1st year of employment.
- Strong analytical and computer software skills.
- Specification writing and review.
- Structuring of Measurement and Payment.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.