- 24-Oct-2016 to 16-Dec-2017 (MST)
- Melbourne, VIC, AUS
- Full Time
McMillen Jacobs Associates' Sydney and Melbourne offices are looking for an Associate level engineer to join our team to help service projects in the Australia and New Zealand region. The successful candidate will play a major role in securing future projects, interfacing with clients and applying both technical expertise and business acumen. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic office experiencing rapid growth in a healthy market focused on infrastructure development, specifically in the underground sector for the foreseeable future.
- Provides technical leadership to regional staff in underground and tunnel engineering with particular experience in delivering NATM/SEM projects.
- Meets with key clients and potential clients to discuss current and future work
- Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of underground projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives are accomplished
- Establishes work plans and multidisciplinary staffing for each phase of a project
- Directs and coordinates activities of engineers and technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and on budget
- Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable
- BE or BS in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering (or overseas equivalent). ME or MS degree a plus.
- Minimum 15+ years related experience in technical and project management roles on underground and tunnel projects for the heavy civil engineering industry
- NATM/SEM underground design and construction experience is essential
- Strong communication (both oral and written), analytical and leadership skills
- Professional Engineering registration, (e.g., CPEng, PE, CEng)
- Project management, staff management and client interaction experience commensurate with level of experience
- Willingness to travel to support projects across the Australia/New Zealand region
- No Recruiters Please.